September 04, 2012

Whew.

Our new next-door neighbor, Alan, says, "Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing."  Alan is a funny guy.  He fights migraines every week and still maintains a delightfully prickly sense of humor.

We started school this week.  Bright is relatively happy with how things are going, though he did suggest incorporating more paleontology and geometry.  Maybe when you get to 3rd grade, buddy. 

Besides, we don't have time for anything else.  As it is, our lineup includes a family breakfast table Bib1e study, led by Daddy, complete with Bib1e memory, followed by a morning of science, math, history (thanks to all who recommended The Mystery of History!), reading, writing, spelling, drawing lessons, typing for kids, and the one that gets me the most excited - the one that starts this afternoon - CHINESE LANGUAGE LESSONS FOR KIDS!  RIGHT HERE IN OUR HOME!  TWICE  A WEEK!

Whew.  I'm exhausted just writing it all down.  Alan would be proud.  Yet I know, I do not teach alone, and the kids do not learn alone.  The King of Kings, the Teacher of Teachers, is here with us every day.

*sigh*

I just hope I can keep this guy out of college until he is at least 15;)