June 26, 2010

Haste the day

I don't know how much more bad news I can stand to hear.  Fathers fall from ladders and pass away two weeks later.  Grandmothers bulk under the weight of radiation treatment for cancer.  Uncles are handed five years to live.  Wives leave their husbands for a dream of a better life.  An ultrasound reveals a heart defect, and bam - life as we knew it will never be the same.

I am feeling an ache for eternity swelling in my chest.  Sweet Redeemer, come back and claim your kingdom.  I am ready to crown you, and live forever in the perfect shade of your reign.

I literally ache for it.

And sing for it:

L0RD, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll
the trump shall resound
and the L0RD shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.