May 10, 2012

this far, and no farther

Yesterday morning when I opened my computer I was overwhelmed and brought to tears by the love and beautiful words from friends and family about what had happened.

Thank you.

Because we stayed up late playing with daddy that first night, the kids slept in an extra hour yesterday morning, giving me a nice long time with the L0RD on the couch.  I prayed, thanking Him over and over for the gift he gave me, and the gift he gave Alisa, and the seven kids between us, and Daniel's sister and John's brother and countless others who love and need those two guys.  Using the words from Karen's comment on my blog post, I prayed to the One who said, "this far, and no farther."  I asked Him to make me worthy of the call to serve such a powerful, fearsome, and loving G0D.

I read Daniel 5 and 6, because they were next in my reading plan.  Daniel 6:26-27 is king Darius's response to having seen Daniel's G0D save Daniel from the lions in the den.  The king says, "I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the G0D of Daniel.  For he is the living G0D and he endures forever; his kingdom will not be destroyed, his dominion will never end.  He rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions."

I then prayed over my children, as 8 O'clock drew near and they began to stir in their beds.  I prayed that they would make decisions in their lives out of wisdom, and not out of foolishness.  That they would not run after those things which have no power to close the mouths of the lions, which can not hold back truckloads of pain.

I prayed that they would run after the One who can.