February 11, 2014

It's about time

Have you seen About Time? If not, then it's about time you did.

I mean WOW, what a movie. Daniel and I were left speechless at the end of it, and I was literally bawling. Daniel was so in love with me and the kids after watching that movie that he could hardly keep from rushing into their bedrooms and dragging them from their beds to cover their drooling cheeks with kisses.

But he didn't.  Instead we talked late into the night, about all the things over which we waste our time worrying. We talked about all the beautiful things we fail to see, because our noses are so pressed to the grindstone.

"I'm tired of just getting through my days," he said.

"Me too."

"I want to let more things go."

"Me too."

And then, hand-in-hand, we prayed. We thanked G0D for his mercy. We thanked him that our time has not (yet) run out. We asked him to grant us the wisdom to recognize each day for the precious gift that it is.

And it's about time we did, if you ask me.