January 20, 2008

Milestones


Two days ago was a big day. Here are the highlights:
1. Zion learned to crawl
2. Zion turned 8-months old
3. Bright got a stomach virus and threw up all evening (very pathetic)
4. I turned in my first seminary project for my Doctrine Survey class. I’m LOVING the class
5. I got stuck in the elevator with a group of large, sequin-clad women

In other news, we have started to feel more “at home” here and have met some awesome people. Annie and Brandon, Marisa and John, Jen and Paul, Heidi and Drake, Robin and Andre, the list goes on. The kids, Bright, Zion, Tristan, Isaac, Isaiah, Collin, Summer, Aralyn, Nadya, and others can be found running around the hotel together. Bright is going to hate to leave all of his new friends. It is wonderful to be around so many people who love J with all their hearts and want to see the nations come to him.

Changing the subject, Bright has caught on to the fact that he sleeps in the bathroom and does not appreciate it. The other day he said, as we were putting him in bed, “There’s no bedroom for me at this house.” Poor thing.

And yesterday we hit the streets for our first day of real EV. I had never done that before. I was nervous and excited. As it turned out, I was able to explain the G to an interested woman, but she did not PRC. Seeds were planted. I’m going to keep praying for her. Her name is Maryann. Also yesterday, the day after Zion learned to crawl, he pushed to sit AND ate his first bowl of solid food. He liked it so much he was licking it off the table. It has been a big week!