January 29, 2008

Grandma to the rescue.

So with almost 3 weeks under our belts, we still have roughly 2 weeks left to go here in Daytona Beach. It's funny how things change. When we first got here, I set to work frantically covering the carpet in our hotel room with spare sheets, so Zion wouldn't touch it with his hands. He has since learned to crawl, so keeping him on a sheet is not possible. Just yesterday, I noticed him sucking on a loop of the carpet that was sticking up. Yum, yum.

And just when our schedule here was about to get REALLY crazy, my mom flew in from Michigan to watch the kids. They are loving her, we are loving her, and she is very much enjoying her grandkids and the warm Florida sun. I think it was something like 6 degrees in Michigan last week. Brrrrr. My mom is wonderful. We couldn't be surviving this without her.

Now I get to toot my own horn...I made a 95% on my Doctrine Survey final. Hooray!!! It was good to be a student again for a while. I really do love to learn (I sound like a dorky fourth-grader. Oh well:)