October 08, 2007

Happy Birthday to Kayla!

I (Kayla) turned 27 on Saturday. Some folks don't think much of their birthdays, but I do. I wake up on the 6th of October every year excited, even if nothing is planned. It just feels good to have a day that is just for me. In Daniel's Radical Devotion class we are learning about how much He loves us. He loves ME. Little, insignificant, sinful me. His heart is ravaged for me, in fact. He wants to marry me. Sometimes I think we, as a corporate bride, get so focused on disappearing behind the cross and laying ourselves down, that we forget to celebrate the beauty and value of what He created on the sixth day (people). So, it really is OK to go to the theater and watch 3:10 to Yuma and then head to Fayetteville for the world's best dish, panang curry at the Taste of Thai. It really is OK for your wonderful new friend, Darci Long, to get your mom's birthday cake recipe and spend all day coloring little picture books with her kids that compare you to the flowers of the fields. It is OK to cry when you open them. Thank you for making me, God. I sure am enjoying myself down here.

p.s. Here is a picture of Daniel and me on my birthday date. The shirt and earrings were a gift from my mom. Thanks mom!