October 27, 2007

Beef and Honey

Grandma and Grandpa were here all week, camping down at Overland RV park here in Van Buren. Every couple of months they fill up their gas-guzzling wonder mobile and head south to see us. They are the world's best grandparents, as you can see from the pictures. The fun never stops when they're in town.

When my brothers and I were kids, and Dad's beard was brown instead of gray, he used to bury his face in our necks and say he was eating honey. He would then blow on our bellies and say he was eating beef. Today, after Mom and Dad pulled out of town, Bright turned to me and said, "Grandpa eats honey from here," (pointing to his neck) "and beef from here" (pointing to his belly). I smiled as a lump rose in my throat. It's been years, but beef and honey are back on the menu.