June 01, 2008

Rock 'till you drop

Yesterday we dressed up like rock stars for our cousin, Emma's, Hannah Montana birthday party (she turned four). Daniel was instantly nick-named K-Fed upon our grand entry, and I was painfully aware of how not-my-age I looked in my painted-on-jeans. All the same, we had a ball, rockin' and rollin' in the Morton backyard. The boys, with their tattoos and spiked hair, were quite the little studs.

And for your reading enjoyment, I'll share the three most priceless Bright quotes from the last 24 hours:

"Look, Dad," Bright said as he walked across the room, "this is how you walk." Then, after a pause, he said certainly, "I walk like you."

"My food goes in my mouth, down my neck, into my belly, and down into my legs. Then it turns into poop," Bright explained this morning at the breakfast table. "Well, Bright," I gently corrected, "it doesn't go into your legs. It stops at your belly." He looked up at me wryly and said, anticipating a laugh, "Is there a STOPLIGHT??!!!" We both burst out laughing.

"So what are you going to NAME your son?" I asked Bright, after a brief conversation about his future fatherhood. He looked perplexed and then said, "I'll figure it out on the Internet."