April 12, 2008

Thank you, Anonymous!!!

A tiny padded envelope came in the mail today. It had no return address, and was sprinkled with stamps and stickers. Inside was a little drawstring bag, and inside of that was my pendant. I can call it mine now because it is. And fighting back the tears, I am writing to tell you, whoever you are, that I am not only thrilled to wear my new pendant, which is light and beautiful and more splendid that I imagined, but I am sincerely comforted by your love.

As you may or may not have noticed, I removed my pendant postings from our blogsite the other day and filed them away with other unpublished drafts, meant for my eyes only. I guess I got squeamish with my honesty, particularly in the second one, and I was worried that someone might misunderstand me and think me "unchristian like". And then today, tucked inside the envelope with the pendant was a note. In the note, the anonymous gift-giver wrote that he or she...admires me.

Thank you, Anonymous. I really, really thank you. I L-O-V-E it...and I don't believe I shall ever remove it from my neck!!!!