March 14, 2008

Biting those bullets

So I finally bit the bullet on Saturday night and let Zion cry it out. The first few bouts were tolerable, lasting only 20 minutes or so. But then from 3:30 a.m. until I went in to get him at 7:00, he screamed. Two and a half hours, people!!! It was one of the worst nights of my life. Did it work???

Also this week, I bit the bullet and put Bright in a big boy bed, giving Zion the crib.

Also this week, I bit the bullet and put Zion in cloth diapers. We needed to do it before moving over seas, since Huggies are a wee bit hard to come by where we are going.

RESULTS: After just two nights of waking up, our almost-ten-month old started sleeping through the night! It actually worked. He has slept from 8:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m., without making a peep, for the past three nights in a row. Mind you, this is a baby who until Saturday night, had been waking up EVERY THREE HOURS, all night long. My night of @%$# paid off, big time. Not only that, but Bright was TOTALLY ready for his big boy bed, and we have had no problems. He doesn't get up out of it until we come to get him (he knows he'll get in trouble if he does). And the novelty has worn off enough now that his afternoon nap has returned. And the cloth diapers? THEY'RE AWESOME! (Thanks, Korrie Harper, for the tip). I can't believe I didn't start using them years ago. If you're interested, see the One-size bumGenius diaper on www.cottonbabies.com.

LIFE LESSON LEARNED: Sometimes, ya just gotta bite the bullet.