October 31, 2015

The return of the hunt

"Honey, I think you've forgotten what it's like to be married to a hunter in the Fall." -Daniel Rupp, after I dared ask him about something other than hunting.

Eight Falls in East Asia, and finally his camo comes out of the attic.

Demonstrating the deer stand for the kids.

And this Fall, the boys have gotten their first tastes of the hunt! 
First bb guns.





They went on a dove hunt with a group of grown men, and they brought home doves! And I cooked them. What a mother won't do for her sons.

Dead birds in hand.
Yep, if I were a dove, I'd let him shoot me.

Eating bacon-wrapped dove. Mixed reviews.
He caught the bow hunting bug from his buddy Clay 13 years ago.
This is his new bow, a birthday gift from his mom. He is one happy hunter this Fall.