October 19, 2013

Ripped from my clutches

Daniel promises to get my internet connection working in a week or so. Until then, I have so much pent-up creative energy that I am contemplating getting something funky done with my hair. I just might do it, too (though I won't be able to upload a picture, on account of my worthless internet connection)

In the time that has passed since blogging has been ripped from my clutches, Daniel has turned 34, I have turned 33, I have finished draft 2 of my book, Daniel has been accepted to his PhD program of choice (so proud of him), my two oldest ran in their first long-distance race, and I got a new Chinese language teacher who is excellent! AND both of our moms arrive together on Tuesday evening for a three-week stay on our roof! (we plan to let them into the main part of the house from time to time, too, ha ha)

I must note that my precious children used their own money this year to buy me a spatula, a coffee mug, a scented candle, a battery-operated beverage stirrer, and real Nutter Butters from America! I cried. It was the best birthday ever. XXOO