August 26, 2010

She gave all she had

Kindergarten is underway over here.  We are in chapter IV of The Boxcar Children, book #1.  We are building letters with wooden pieces.  We are making timelines and dotting our i's.  Bib1e class, history class, science class, handwriting, reading, math, and art.
Zion is enjoying his preschool class.  While Bright counts beads, Zion stuffs them into Chompy's mouth.
We are using Sonlight curriculum for our first offical go at this.  I should have looked it over sooner than the night before, but now that we are a few days into it, things are starting to come together.  The best part of this curriculum is the AMAZING book collection.  The second-best part was the free gift for mom, sealed in a little envelope that read, "Open in a quiet moment."  I opened it, in a quiet moment, and wept like a small child as I read the note that accompanied this little pendant.
Luke 21:2 reads, "He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.  'I tell you the truth,' he said, 'this poor widow has put in more than all the others.  All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.'"

This pendant represents one of those such coins.  I cried because I needed this gift.  When days like today go by and I am filled with doubt, asking myself if this is worth it, if I should just send Bright off every day and get on with things, I can touch this little coin and remember.  When I get to the end of my life, I may not have much to show for the hours I spent pouring into my kids, but I will have given all I had.