September 06, 2008

Back in the saddle

Today, one of the things I've been looking forward to the most occurred. In college, I had a great mountain bike and spent most of my time on it. Well life changes surprisingly quick and before you know it, the things that were such a big part of your life one moment are a memory the next. While we've had a lot of "Good byes" in the last few weeks, it was so nice to have a "Hello." Today I got my bike.

One of the perks to living here for a mountain biker is that you can get a really nice bike for really cheap. And, they custom build it for you! That's right people, I hand picked all my hardware - unbelievable. A friend translated, while Bright and I oooohed and awwwed over all the neat toys in the bike shop. The frame itself, weighs just over 4 lbs - UNREAL PEOPLE. By far, the best bike I've ever owned.

Unfortunately, while we were in the very small, very cluttered shop Bright stumbled over a rice cooker on the floor. He got a very minor burn on his arm. Normally, it would have not been a big deal except he was already late for lunch, away from mama, and half way across the world from anything normal - except for Skittles. We quickly ran to a nearby shop and bought a pack of skittles and a cold orange drink, which he didn't like the taste of but the cold bottle sure felt good on his arm.

When we got home, Kayla doctored it up with some aloe and a special band aid. This concerned him greatly until we decided that part of the special band aid package is having your favorite Thomas character drawn on it. His choice was James.