February 22, 2016

no place like it

Exactly 35 weeks ago today we left for America. Now here I am, almost unpacked, with almost all of the kinks worked out at our apartment from our having been gone.

35 weeks, several countries, countless cities and towns, couuuuuntless miles, a zillion Sonic cherry limeades, and more memories than a lifetime can hold without bursting.

*sigh* Have I ever said how much I love our life? I do. I really, really do.

And though we mourn our dear George Fuzzy (R.I.P. George), we are quite smitten with our new little Clive.

Daniel is out of town for the week ALREADY (that man is a travelin' fool, I tell ya) and we miss him very much.
Valentines '16

And every time, and I do mean EVERY TIME he goes away, something breaks down/floods/burns/needs to be paid/you name it. So this morning what did we wake up to? A flooded rooftop (our roof is flat, remember). The kids and I spent the morning bucketing and siphoning water, with the help of our dear neighbors whom we love.

There's no place like home, right?